The long weekend is almost here and you need to keep the little ones occupied, right? Between the yummy grilled eats, popping fireworks, and splashing water, we have some fun activities for you and your family! Our great country first began with thirteen original colonies, so here are thirteen original ways to celebrate the Fourth of July!
1. Make a hanging firecracker! The fireworks might seem just out of reach in the sky, but your kids can make one of their own to admire every day!
2. With this easy Berry Parfait, you and your children can enjoy a healthy snack while still celebrating our country with the good ol’ colors of the USA!
3. Get in touch with “your roots” as you create this “American Melting Pot“. It’s always fun and educational to plant seeds and watch it grow into a majestic plant!
4. Hit the sweet spot with this mom’s amazing recipe for some delicious and patriotic blondies!
5. For a super easy art project, grab a dish brush and some paint to make some beautiful fireworks of your own! Add some glitter for some extra sparkle!!
6. Make your mouth pop with this Firecracker popcorn! YUM!
7. These are especially good crafts for the young ones on a hot day!
8. Learn about America’s past with the American History DVD – 35% OFF! Get an EXTRA 10% off if you shop on July 4th!
9. Do you want a cute Instagram-able moment? This mask will be perfect for crafts and Independence Day fun! Feel free to tag us in your own creations- we’d love to see you and your kids’ beautiful faces! Follow us @educents!!
10. If the weather’s perfect outside, here are some creative and fun backyard games to play with your kids!
11. This pinwheel will blow you away with its simplicity and cuteness. Afterwards, stick it in your yard and let the wind keep it turning!
12. If you’re having a Fourth of July BBQ or picnic, you and your kids can have a fun decoration making party and make these gorgeous and easy-to-make paper starbursts!
13. Get started on the Educents Explorers Guide and Checklist!