Who is ready to celebrate Valentine’s Day in the classroom or at home!? I know it can be an exciting and fun day for the kids (and an exhausting day for teachers and parents!). Here are 10 kids activities for Valentine’s Day to help bring some excitement to the learning that goes on at this time of year.
- Look at these adorable Valentine boxes created by kids as a family project! Simply Kinder also has a FREE editable letter home to the parents for Valentine’s Day.
- Reading and Writing Red Head has some great ideas on NO Candy options for Valentines.
- Games GALORE by Emmy Mac. So many to choose from! Six different math games can lead to fun all week OR can make fun rotations for an all day celebration!
- Don’t forget about the Upper Grades! They love making Valentine crafts too, as Mrs. Beers will show you!
- Another activity for upper grades is this ELA Pack. Lots of great ideas from craftivities to interactive activities, perfect for 3-5th grades.
- Lots of Valentine ideas are shared by The Hands-On Teacher in First.
- Teaching poetry? Check out this Valentine’s Poetry activity by The Watering Hole.
- Primary Possibilities has so many ideas! Her Valentine Math Stations are on sale too.
- Want your kids to make the plans for the Valentine party this year? Check out this Project Based Learning activity from Performing in Education that does just that!
- Valentine’s Day is on February 14th. Fact. It is a fun holiday. Opinion. Get your kids practicing this skill with this fun Fact and Opinion activity by Teaching Momster.
What do you do for Valentine’s Day? We would love to hear your ideas, tips, and tricks!
– Teaching Momster