Ah, September. The time of year when the weather starts to cool (unless you live in coastal California), preferred colors are oranges, reds, burnt yellows and browns, and the thought of fall is dawning. It’s also the time of year when we start feeling crafty over here at Educents. Kids start playing inside a little more and what’s more fun than a festive fall craft?
Here’s a list of 10 fall crafts we think you’ll LOVE. And, there are craft ideas for kids of all ages!
Preschool to Lower Elementary Activities:
1. Look at this simple Leaf collage. Beautiful, decorative, and will last through the end of fall!
2. You may have heard of candle making, but have you ever tried making Homemade Fall-Scented Candles using Crayons? How fun!
3. Have you ever considered making a classroom collage of painted pinecones and owls? This activity is for two and three year old kids. It’s child-led and oh so fun!
5. If you’re planning on doing some sort of cornucopia or Thanksgiving pretend feast, check out this Lego stamped Native American corn!
Upper Elementary Activities
1. Check out these beautiful leaves! The color combinations are endless!
2. Wow! Tree Weaving! We’ve never seen this but think it’s such a cool idea! Each kid’s piece will be unique and beautiful!
3. These paper bag trees are adorable and are perfect for setting up some sort of art display. And, they can be modified for any season!
4. Don’t toss out that can yet! Check out these lovely and festive wind catchers!
5. These Pressed Flower Ornaments can be done yearly with flowers or leaves of all sorts. They’re beautiful and would make excellent homemade holiday gifts!
Fall Themed Freebies
If you’re looking for some fun fall-themed educational activities, Educents has tons! To save you time, here are 3 FREEBIES that are easily downloadable. Don’t forget to browse all of our fall-themed educational products!
1. Fall Coloring & Writing Prompts – Have some FUN coloring these 5 Fall pictures, and use your best handwriting to write about them! This is a FREE product provided to you from Knowledge Box Central.
2. Fall Into Problem Solving for grades 3-5 – Matching equations that require critical thinking… See “how” your kiddos think they should solve the problems. 🙂
3. Riddle Cards for Inference, Key Details, and Vocabulary – Here’s a free set of fall riddles for your K-2 students! It’s a great way to practice integrating clues, determining relevant information, and more, all while strengthening science and health vocabulary.